Getting raspberry bars from Grandma is like the holy grail of prizes to us. One year when I lived in Arkansas, I went home to visit family and grandma made a batch of raspberry bars all for ME! On my way back to Arkansas, I stopped by my brother's house and bragged about how grandma made me a batch of raspberry bars and I wasn't sharing (shame on me right??)! Well, I was a couple hours down the road when I got a phone call from Derik stating that I left the tin of raspberry bars at his house...and, that he was quite enjoying them! Guess I learned my lesson that day! ha, ha.
We've tried making the bars with store-bought jams and jellies and they are never the same. So this year, I decided to go to grandma's and learn how to make the raspberry jams so that I could pass on the tradition of making raspberry bars with my kids. The rest of my family also came up (rather convenient eh?) and jumped right in making jam too. We ended up with quite the loot! I love you grandma!!
First, we squish the berries....
Katelyn being a big helper
Brianna wanted to "help" too!
Me as Grandma's apprentice. You notice who is doing the cooking right?? ha,ha
Working on another batch of jam...it was an all day affair!
Daddy and his girls
Our loot! Lots of raspberry and strawberry jam
Tara, Grandma Pfeffer, & my sis-in-law Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment