Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!

In October 2011, my Grandma turned 90! It was such a momentous occassion! As a special 90th birthday gift, our family including brothers, sisters, children, and great-grandchilden put together a "memory" book filled with special memories of my Grandma Flo and my Grandpa Edwin. We met for dinner at Pignetti's, a local Italian restaurant in Temple. We surprised Flo with a "redneck" cake as a joke, followed by a traditional birthday cake decorated after one of her favorite past times, gardening. Then, it was present time! I loved all of the special gifts my grandma was given, including an old handwritten Valentine my grandpa wrote my grandma. He really had a way with words! We also presented her with the "memory" book and she loved it! I was really happy with how it turned out and I hope it can be passed down for generations to come. We love you grandma!!


Grandma with her memory book.  The front cover was a picture of her as a young girl.


Me and Grandma!

My mom made a homemade carrot cake as a joke with a candle that sang "Happy Birthday."  We all had a good laugh, especially with the tupperware container presentation.

Flo with her "garden cake."  It was absolutely fabulous!

Brianna and Katelyn with their great-grandma Flo.


A picture of all of us celebrating her birthday!
The Paul Family, Jim & Carla, Jeanne & Leon, Grandma Flo, Dennis & Mary, and Derik, Jenny, & Daniel


No comments:

Welcome to the Paul Family Blog!

Hi family and friends! I've finally decided to join the blog movement and create a page to share our family events with you! I will try to post updates frequently, so stay tuned!

Followers