Monday, May 23, 2011

Colorado

At the end of March, Aaron and I were able to leave the kids with Grandma and have a mini-getaway to Colorado.  My best friend, Ambre, got married in Denver, so we were very fortunate to be able to be there for their special day.  We had a great time catching up!

Introducing...Chris & Ambre Mason!!

After the wedding, we headed to Keystone for a two-day trip.  I've never been skiing before, so I was very excited about the trip.  Aaron has been skiing many times before, but it had been a few years since his last visit.  Although learning how to ski from my beloved sounded so enticing, I opted to learn from a pro who probably has a little more patience for older beginners like me.  I took a full day lesson on Saturday while Aaron hit the slopes.  While I was waiting on my ski instructor, Aaron called me when he go to the top of the mountain to see if I could see him skiing down.  I couldn't tell which one was him until I saw someone wipe out.  Yep, that was Aaron!  LOL!  It didn't take him long to get his ski legs back though and he was tearing it up!
As for me, boy did I feel like a fish out of water!  I didn't even know how to put the boots into the skis when we got there!  My goal was to go down a green trail before we left and I was able to do that on the second day.  It just took me a while to do it though!  I felt so sorry for Aaron though because he had to wait on me and I'm sure it took me MUCH longer to get down than it would've for him.  Good news is that I didn't come home with any serious injuries.  I did fall twice with the second being at the very end for the entire resort to see.  That's not exactly how I pictured the last few moments of me conquering my first green!! 


The Keystone mountains and lake as we were driving to the resort.


Keystone resort - it was a very nice place to ski.  Aaron first trip down was down the blue trail in the middle.


Tara in ski school - hitting the bunny slopes!


Practicing my wedge - it takes concentration for us beginners!!



Here's me by the green trail that I went down.  It took me around 1 - 1.5 hours to get down.  Not the fastest that's for sure!  I'm bummed because Aaron carried the camera most of the time and we didn't get any pictures of him skiing. 

The instructor told me to make sure to do lots of turns to keep control down the mountains.  Let me tell you, my legs got quite the workout from all of those!


On Sunday after skiing, we went back to the resort to take a few pictures.  I took a couple with the Keystone moose to show the girls.  Aaron wasn't as good of a sport though!


Me & Aaron at the summit.  The mountains and snow were beautiful!

On our way to Denver to catch our flight, we had a little extra time and stopped at a lookout point and captured a few pictures.  We really liked this one.

No comments:

Welcome to the Paul Family Blog!

Hi family and friends! I've finally decided to join the blog movement and create a page to share our family events with you! I will try to post updates frequently, so stay tuned!

Followers