Thursday, February 16, 2012

Katelyn's 5th Birthday!

Friday, February 10, 2012 marked Katelyn's 5th Birthday!  My, how the time has flown by!  My sweet little baby has turned into such a big girl!  Everyday I see how big and mature she acts and in a matter of seconds I'm reminded that she is indeed still just a sweet 5 year old girl.  This year she wanted to have her party at the Jumping Place - the same place we had her 4th birthday.  I have to admit that I love having it there too.  The kids love to jump, slide, and run around and it's easy setup and clean-up for us too.  Anyone who knows Katelyn knows that she is a P-I-C-K-Y eater.  And, that includes some sweets too!  She's not a big fan of birthday cake, so I decided I went venture into making ice cream cupcakes this year.  It was a good idea, but wasn't as nicely executed!  After several days of assembling the cupcakes, I decided they didn't make the "cut" and I was speed-dialing Baskin Robbins for an ice cream cake.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream cake to be exact.  The cake was super cute and had mini ice cream cones on the top which happened to still match our Candy Land theme this year.  It was yummy and the kids enjoyed it too.

Fun facts about Katelyn at age 5:
- she LOVES to play dress up.  We're in the dead of winter and my sweet girl is running around in a bathing suit and sunglasses.  Nope, she's not cold!
- she loves to pick out her own clothes and dress herself....all the way down to the accessories.  She lays her clothes out on her bed to make sure the coordinate and look cute together.
- she loves to dance.  She will turn on the music and do twirls and dances all around the house
- she is definitely the big sissy to Brianna...and sometimes the mommy too.  She takes care of Bri but sometimes is a little Ms. Bossypants too.
- her favorite food is still mac-and-cheese.  My darling is still the world's pickiest eater.
- she still loves going to bed with her "little bear"....the little purple bear she has clung on to since she was a baby
- she's a bit sassy...at the age of 5, she's getting a lot more independent and "spreading her wings" as my mom says.
- her best friend is Emma, our sweet neighbor across the street who is also 5.
- she will start Kindergarten this year...I forsee a rough day for mommy.

Katelyn, we love you more than you'll ever know.  Happy 5th birthday!

Katelyn blowing out her candle

The party room!

Katelyn and her friends

Katelyn and Bri helped me make cupcakes to take to her school.


Emma and Brock came over on her birthday for the present festivities!


No comments:

Welcome to the Paul Family Blog!

Hi family and friends! I've finally decided to join the blog movement and create a page to share our family events with you! I will try to post updates frequently, so stay tuned!

Followers